Register | Login | Contact | Home

Need Jesus? >>> Are you a Christian?

Search for at
Access Christian Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Unveiling the Strategies and Rules of Three-Card Poker Betti About You! hami8893 0 Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:47 am
hami8893 View latest post
What is Asian Handicap? Quickly Disseminate Knowledge About You! macgaihari1 0 Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 am
macgaihari1 View latest post
Experiences in football betting from top experts About You! nhuy5656 0 Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 am
nhuy5656 View latest post
Ultimate Guide to Reward Games Through Banks on BK8 About You! qiqi77246 0 Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am
qiqi77246 View latest post
What are the odds in Indonesia? Latest betting experience in About You! nhuy5656 0 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 am
nhuy5656 View latest post

The Trinity Understood and Believed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Access Christian Forum Index -> The Trinity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:28 pm Post subject: The Trinity Understood and Believed Reply with quote

The concept of the trinity is a crucial doctrine of the church, since it deals with the naure of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. How they interact with man and creation is of great importance. How one views the trinity in fact may effect their salvation. I will discuss this at a later time.

Pastor Ernest
Walkernyranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:36 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

If it is so crucial than why isn't the word trinity ever used or really explained in the Bible.
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:40 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Razz Other words not found in the Bible are: football, automobile, vitamin, democracy, airplane, Pope, and America.

The point being that just because the word does not appear in scripture it doesn't mean that the concept is not tangible or not important. Study and acceptance of the concept may be what points out the value of any concept.
Walkernyranger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:19 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

@Seargent

Doesn't your point show exactly why we should be cautious of any doctrine based off of something not found in the Bible? If someone started a chrurch devoted to the NFL and said the commissioner was inerrant and was direct representation of God on Earth, shouldn't we think twice about it?
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:28 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Cool Cautious? Surely! But this is certainly why should study to see if this is approved (endorsed) by the writers of Scripture.
Walkernyranger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:07 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Yes I agree with you fully. Does the trinity stand this test? Where do you draw your conclusions?
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:17 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Two verses of scripture come to my attention. The first is Jesus speaking in Matthew chapter 28, verse 19: "Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations: baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,". The second is Paul's closing in 2 Corithians were he states, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
Walkernyranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:16 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

What about the first commandment? Thou shalt have no other God before me. Wouldn't have to say 'us' instead of me?
Pastor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 am Post subject: Us instead of Me Reply with quote

God, throughout Scripture, refers to Himself as a "me" or better stated as "I." He, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are a complete and uncomplicted being. God, though He is complex in His understanding and power, is nevertheless, simple in regard to form. God cannot be divided into parts, He is from everlasting to everlasting. To compare God to man, sometimes gives us a false understanding of what it means to be created in the image of God. Just as we would not say that the picture that we take of our wife represents them fully, only that it is an "image" of the real. So we can say we are created in God's image, and God is an "I" and an "Us" in the sense that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are forever one.

Pastor Ernest
Walkernyranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:09 am Post subject: Reasoning Reply with quote

I understand that reasoning, however if we a re meant to know and understand the trinity than why does the Bible never mention it? Isn't it possible that in our human understanding that we are cofusing the meanings here?
Professor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:47 am Post subject: Can God be understood? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
This is my first real[I] post here. I a gree with you, NYRanger. If our understanding of God is like a photo compared to the real thing as Pastor says, then how can anyone say God is like this or that? Pastor arguments that God is "uncomplicated in from, etc." and that God is not understandable by mankind seem contradictory. How can this contradiction be resolved, Pastor? Confused
Walkernyranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:11 pm Post subject: How we know God Reply with quote

We only know God through his word. I believe we can say God is like this or that based upon what is said in the Bible. However if it is not in the Bible then we have a problem. I understand the concept of why we are led to a belief of the trinity, but my question is about other possible interpretations.
gnarlychar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:58 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

John 1:32 "Then John told about seeing the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove descending ffrom heaven and resting upon Jesus." sergent quoted verses before me relating to the trinity and people still don't see the proof of the trinity. I hope this helps a little.
GLPMprayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:00 am Post subject: The Trinity Reply with quote

'Trinity' is a word we use meaning God in three-persons, 3 different and distinct Gods, as a three leaf clover all part of the same stem, yet three distinct leaves. and they (Godhead)choose to have different tasks.
God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit, all of the Godhead all knowing everything, all with no beginning and no ending always were, eternal.
We are mortal with a beginning and if we are a born again Christian then we have no ending when we die.

Thanks

I copied and pasted my brief text on trinity (with a typo correction) because I made it into a seperate subject but intended it for this forum under Pastor Ernest
Walkernyranger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:22 am Post subject: What scriptures? Reply with quote

What scriptures do you use to form this opinion?
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Access Christian Forum Index ->  The Trinity Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: