Joined: Apr 09, 2007
|Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:53 pm Post subject: Daniel, Revelation & World History Reveal The Antichrist
| 1. It was to arise among the ten divisions of the Roman Empire. Da 7:8
2. It would destroy three of the ten kingdoms. Da 7:8. The Roman power destroyed the Heruli in A.D. 493, the Vandals in A.D. 534, and overcame the Ostrogoths in A.D. 538. The other seven are, still, with us today - Germany, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Switzerland.
3. It would speak great words against the Most High. Da 7:25;Rev 13:6. "The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God." - P.F.L. Ferraris, Ecclesiastical Dictionary, art. On The Pope. (I have many more such verses.)
4. It would wear out the saints. Dan 7:25;Rev 13:7. "That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind, will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history..." - William Edward Hartpole Lecky, History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, vol. 2 (London: Longmans, Green and Company, 1904). P.32.
5. It would be guilty of blasphemy. Rev 13:6;Da 7:25. The Church claims that the Pope is God and has power to forgive sin. When Jesus made these claims, the Jews accused Him of blasphemy. (The Church, also, claims Mary as Mediator, that the priests "Create God" in the Eucharist, etc.)
6. It would attempt to change divine law. Da 7:25. The Ten Commandments were written with the finger of God, yet, the Catholic Church claimed authority to delete the 2nd commandment concerning graven images, and split the last to come up with ten. It, also, "changed" the fourth - changing the day of worship from the seventh day to the first day of the week. And I have several statements, that, she calls it her "MARK" of authority.
7. It would exercise power over all kindreds, tongues, nations. Rev 13:7. The nations of the world send ambassadors to the Roman Catholic Church.
8. The Dragon would give his power, seat and authority to this Beast. Rev 13:2. The Caesars of the Roman Empire gave their power, seat and authority to the Roman Church.
9. It was to continue in world domination for 1260 years. Rev 13:5;Da 7:25. After she overcame the Ostrogoths, she arose to power and reigned from 538-1798 A.D.
10. It would receive a mortal wound. Rev 13:3. On February 10, 1798, Napoleon's general Berthier entered Rome and took the Pope prisoner, where he died in exile.
22. It would amaze the whole world, for it's deadly wound would be healed. Rev 13:3. In August, 1929, in a letter written by the Pope in Current History magazine, the Pope declared himself to be the head of the Papal organization. "That the Holy See is the supreme organ of the Catholic Church throughout the world and that therefore, the Holy See is the legitimate representative of the organization of the Church in Italy cannot be said, excepting in the sense in which is is said that the head is the supreme organ of the body." - P. 848.
He goes on to refer to the incident as the wound. "We say our hopes have been disappointed because of the long negotiations, although they had not always been easy, had opened our soul to the brightest hopes, and what of all things we least expected were expressions that are heretical, worse than heretical, regarding the very essence of Christianity and of Catholicism. Efforts have been made to heal the wound." - Full text of the Pope's letter, p. 847.
From the very beginning of Mussolini's dictatorship, both the Church and the state determined to settle the Roman question. On February 11, 1929, a concordat was signed, restoring the place of the Papacy, thus healing the deadly wound.
Both Pre and Post Reformers studied Daniel and Revelation, and pointed to the office of the Papacy, as "Antichrist," and the "Son of Perdition." According to St. Malachy's prophecy, posted on the web by the Catholic Church, there will be, only, one more Pope, who will "reign amidst many tribulations...then the Dreadful Judge will come and destroy the city." (Jesus is coming back as the Judge.)